Gram gets credit for this one. It started as a pound cake recipe but since I live in a world where more is… MORE… I started using this recipe for cupcakes and got rave reviews.
This Choco-BEAST recipe is boss in a bundt cake pan, as a cake, or as cupcakes.
- 3 oz. package of chocolate pudding mix
- 1 dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. warm H20
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In a large bowl combine all except the chocolate chips. Beat 4 minutes. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- For a silly chocolatey rich Bundt Cake: Bake at 350 for 50 – 60 minutes in a greased and floured bundt pan. Let cool for 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack and sprinkle the top with confectioner’s sugar.
- For cupcakes: Bake at 350 for 10 – 12 minutes.
- For mini-cupcakes: Bake at 350 for 7 – 9 minutes.
Pictured here with my beloved whisky and chocolate buttercream frosting, but you can top the cupcakes with whatever suits you.